“I hereby resolve to…” 14 New Year’s Resolutions for Avid Travelers
With the arrival of 2018, I’ve been considering what type of traveler I am. Do I represent only the best qualities of Americans to the locals in the foreign cities to which I travel? Have I become overly reliant on returning to the same places again and again, rather than branching out, and discovering exciting new destinations? These thoughts prompted me to create a list of my New Year’s travel resolutions – 14 of them, in fact – and I’d like to share with you my New Year’s resolutions for avid travelers.
If you, too, are an avid traveler, then let’s say this together! Stand up and place your hand over your heart…
I resolve to:
1. …be a better global ambassador exhibiting the true spirit of America – not what is on television.
2. …take any and all vacation time I’ve earned…and steal whatever extra days off I can!
3. …go somewhere new in 2018, instead of returning to the old tried and true go-to vacation destinations.
4. …stop saying I’ve “done” a country, knowing deep down that I could never really know a country unless I’ve lived there.
5. …consciously unplug for longer and longer stretches when I travel.
6. …make my politicians see time off for travel as a right, not a luxury; so I can rest, recharge, rejuvenate and reignite my passions by being a more creative, loyal and productive employee.
7. … NOT do last minute “guilt” souvenir shopping at the airport store on the way home.
8. …take better pictures – but not so many that I forget to see what is in front of me.
9. …buy quality travel gear and take less of it.
10. …learn something new in each place I go about the culture, language, cuisine, politics, history and religion.
11. …turn strangers in strange lands into friends.
12. …not let technology get in the way of meeting fellow travelers and indigenous people when traveling.
13. …integrate travel more into my life, as I have with a good diet, exercising regularly and sleeping right. Travel is good for me in so many ways, including physically, mentally and spiritually.
14. …be more patient dealing with the trials and tribulations of traveling – be they TSA lines, surly customer service airline reps, over-packed late flights, noisy hotel rooms, boorish fellow travelers or screaming babies.
And with that, I’d like to wish you a very happy New Year! If you’d like some assistance in keeping these New Year’s resolutions for avid travelers – and making some incredible memories in 2018 – you can click here to contact me. I look forward to working with you on planning some amazing trips for you, and your family and friends!
With professionalism and her consistent ability to curate exceptional travel experiences for her clients, Jan Mauer of Exciting Vacations has
built her reputation as a Travel Agent who specializes in luxury. Jan has spent more than three decades as trusted advisor to those who require
both opulence and exoticism during their world travels. Her expertise about international culture and 5-star getaways ensures that every travel
adventure of which you partake is a bespoke experience fulfilling your unique requirements for both luxury and authenticity.
Call Jan at (732) 613-8640
or email her here
for one-on-one guidance
from one of luxury travel's foremost experts.